7 Tips To Help You Land Great Legit Freelance Writing Jobs
Working from home sounds like a dream come true for most people; a kind of utopia. However, the reality is that while there are a lot of reputable jobs and clients to be found, there are also a lot of sharks and hustlers. People who will try and get you to work for free; or will plagiarize your work and pass it off as their own.
Don’t be too disillusioned though, because if you follow my 7 tips to help you land great legit jobs you won’t go too far wrong!
- Use Trusted Sources
- Safety in numbers
- Trust your gut
- Look for reviews
- Look for a company that uses escrow
- Contact big businesses
- Check out the client’s profile
The key to freelancing is to try and secure work via trusted sources. By that, I mean companies that have been recommended by family and friends or large companies where you can easily check out their credentials online.
It stands to reason that if you happen to come past a site that is being regularly used by thousands possibly even millions of users then it is going to be reputable. Millions of people cannot be wrong, can they? A basic Google search will throw up a list of four or five big providers. Go ahead, and register. You have nothing to lose.
If something feels wrong, then it probably is. If your gut is screaming to you that it is time to back off, then I would at very least conduct some further investigations rather than leaping in head first. Try and figure out exactly what is making you feel uncomfortable.
You can be sure that if there are disgruntled customers out there then they will go out of their way to leave an online review. Simply Google the company that you are considering working for and then take the time to go through the reviews. Clearly, you will be able to take some of them with a pinch of salt. There are trolls and haters everywhere. However, if several people are saying the same thing…
Okay, so unless you are generating work via your own website, in which case you can dictate payment terms I would suggest that you look for companies that use escrow. The client funds work before you do it, and the agency holds it in a separate account. It is then released to you when work has been completed to the client’s satisfaction. In the event of a dispute, the company will mediate.
Pitching to large companies, or companies that are respected within your local community reduces the risk of falling foul of a rogue trader. Stack the odds in your favor!
In the same way that clients will rate and leave feedback for you. Freelancers can do the same to clients. Before you accept, any work check out their ratings on the site that you are browsing.
Tips For Writers
- Getting freelance magazine writing jobs
- Getting a freelance writing job
- Looking for good writing services
- What is a contemporary freelance writer
- Finding an appropriate writing job
- Applying for a job properly
- Look through a guide for future freelancers
- Searching for a good job on the Web
- Sports freelance writing position
- How to write a strong CV
- Looking for a freelance essay writer
- A few words about political writing
- Job solutions for freelance writers
- Solutions for the newcomers: freelance tips
- Online writing positions for college students
- Perks of working freelance
- Freelance writers are popular
- Working for the best writing website
- Taxes and writers
- Pitfalls of freelance career
- Choosing fields of writing
- Boosting copywriting skills
- How to hire a writer without any risks
- Preparing oneself for getting a writing job
- Advertising writers are needed nowadays
- How to get a freelance technical writing job
- How to find a good freelance writing job
- Finding a medical freelance writing job
- Instructions for finding a job
- Becoming a highly paid writer
- Have you though about becoming a writer?
- Where to start: guidelines for writers
- Tips for full-time freelance writers
- Free freelance positions
- How to write better and better
- Trying out online writing jobs