Freelance Blog Writers Say That Keeping A Blog Is A Vital Thing: Is That True?
There is no single opinion on whether a freelancer writer needs to keep a blog or not. Both sides have strong arguments, so the final decision is up to you.
Three Reasons That You Need a Blog
- Your blog helps clients find your website.
- Your blog demonstrates your expertise.
- Your blog builds your social network.
All popular search engines rank websites with recent updates higher. If you have a blog, your website is much more likely to make it up to the first page. Moreover, the keywords you add to each entry can also help people find you.
If you have strong background in any area beyond copywriting (e. g. in traveling on a budget or cooking healthy foods), your blog is a great way to show it. Write posts dedicated to your area of expertise. Show that not only you can write compellingly but you also know what you are writing about. Your blog posts can act as fresh samples of your writing. If people see you as an expert, you will stand out from the crowd of other freelancers and be able to command higher rates.
With interesting blog entries, you can engage your visitors into a discussion and get to know them better. You can “meet” people you could hardly ever have crossed ways with otherwise. Some of them might become your regular customers, while others can share valuable experience.
…And Three Reasons That You Don’t
- Your blog keeps you on a hook.
- Your blog is not for fast results.
- Your blog should have your passion.
Once you start a blog, you will need to post new entries regularly. In fact, an abandoned writer’s blog is worse than no blog at all. There are few things more disappointing for your website visitors than a blog that has not been updated for half a year. If you are not sure you can produce at least one meaningful post a week, blogging may be not for you.
Do not expect your freelance commissions to boost once you start blogging. Neither would your phone become hot with new clients calling. Blogging is a lifelong commitment; years might pass before you see any tangible results.
As experienced bloggers put it, “If you ask whether you should start a blog, the answer is no.” Blogging is good when you feel an urge to share something with the rest of the world. However, if you force yourself into blogging only because you think you should do it, the result may come out stiff, unappealing, and hence not worth the effort.
Tips For Writers
- Getting freelance magazine writing jobs
- Getting a freelance writing job
- Looking for good writing services
- What is a contemporary freelance writer
- Finding an appropriate writing job
- Applying for a job properly
- Look through a guide for future freelancers
- Searching for a good job on the Web
- Sports freelance writing position
- How to write a strong CV
- Looking for a freelance essay writer
- A few words about political writing
- Job solutions for freelance writers
- Solutions for the newcomers: freelance tips
- Online writing positions for college students
- Perks of working freelance
- Freelance writers are popular
- Working for the best writing website
- Taxes and writers
- Pitfalls of freelance career
- Choosing fields of writing
- Boosting copywriting skills
- How to hire a writer without any risks
- Preparing oneself for getting a writing job
- Advertising writers are needed nowadays
- How to get a freelance technical writing job
- How to find a good freelance writing job
- Finding a medical freelance writing job
- Instructions for finding a job
- Becoming a highly paid writer
- Have you though about becoming a writer?
- Where to start: guidelines for writers
- Tips for full-time freelance writers
- Free freelance positions
- How to write better and better
- Trying out online writing jobs