What are the benefits of working as a freelance writer
Is your 9-5 office job driving you crazy? Can’t stand your coworkers, and tired of looking out the window all day, dreaming of life outside your cubicle? Feel drained at the end of the day, and groan when you think about how you have to get up tomorrow and do it all over again? Maybe it’s time you consider joining the huge community of people who are earning a living their way, on their time, under their own rules! Freelance writing is a great way to make money while making your friends jealous. Here are some of the biggest benefits of pursuing a career in freelance writing!
- Make your own schedule.
- Be your own boss.
- Never be bored.
- No more office clothes.
Had a late night and want to sleep in? Need a day off to run errands? Want to go to that concert, or a wedding during the weekday? Go ahead! Since you make your own hours, you’re free to plan your work around your life – not the other way around. You might make up for that day of fun by working extra hours the rest of the week, or have to work into the evening on a day you sleep in, but it’s all up to you. No one can tell you to work when you don’t feel like it, as long as you can deliver on time. And, since you’re not constrained to regular business hours, you can work when you work best: whether you’re a night owl and do your best work in the evening or an early-bird who likes to start work at 6am, you can tailor your workday to your preferences.
Your clients may demand certain things of you, but since you’re in charge of everything you produce, you don’t need to worry about someone looking over your shoulder and monitoring every move you make. Take a three-hour break in the middle of the day, or goof around on the internet in between paragraphs. You know yourself best, and how to motivate yourself, so why would you need someone above you telling you what to do, and when to do it? Take charge of your life by taking charge of your career.
Sometimes, a freelance writing job will be too profitable to pass up, even if you don’t love what you’re writing about. But since you have the option to pick and choose your assignments, you can focus on what you love. Whether you’re a business whiz who loves writing about economics or a fiction writer who loves creating characters, you can opt to write about whatever you like. If you do wind up doing a job you’re not interested in, whether it’s for the money or to start making a name for yourself, you can always have side projects that invigorate and inspire you.
Work in your pajamas, in your sweaty gym clothes, or in the nude! Since you’re in the privacy of your own home, you can throw away those staunchy suits and uncomfortable shoes – dress however you like, and however you’re most comfortable.
Tips For Writers
- Getting freelance magazine writing jobs
- Getting a freelance writing job
- Looking for good writing services
- What is a contemporary freelance writer
- Finding an appropriate writing job
- Applying for a job properly
- Look through a guide for future freelancers
- Searching for a good job on the Web
- Sports freelance writing position
- How to write a strong CV
- Looking for a freelance essay writer
- A few words about political writing
- Job solutions for freelance writers
- Solutions for the newcomers: freelance tips
- Online writing positions for college students
- Perks of working freelance
- Freelance writers are popular
- Working for the best writing website
- Taxes and writers
- Pitfalls of freelance career
- Choosing fields of writing
- Boosting copywriting skills
- How to hire a writer without any risks
- Preparing oneself for getting a writing job
- Advertising writers are needed nowadays
- How to get a freelance technical writing job
- How to find a good freelance writing job
- Finding a medical freelance writing job
- Instructions for finding a job
- Becoming a highly paid writer
- Have you though about becoming a writer?
- Where to start: guidelines for writers
- Tips for full-time freelance writers
- Free freelance positions
- How to write better and better
- Trying out online writing jobs